The Itasca Ecohealth IPE Experience
Exploring Sustainability through Collaboration
The Itasca Ecohealth IPE Experience is an intensive, fun weekend-long collaborative learning retreat for health sciences students, situated in a Minnesota state park to foster appreciation for ecohealth principles and geopolitical considerations in health.
- Collaboratively identify actionable strategies to improve health through analysis of the complex epidemiological, geopolitical, social, ecological, other global contributions to human and animal health.
- Explore and critique the unique cultures, values, roles/responsibilities, and expertise of other health professions and the impact these factors can have on health outcomes.
- Actively engage with community organizations supporting rural health to learn from, with, and about the integration of population health approaches within and outside of the health system.
- Advance their own professional and interprofessional competency development through shared population-focused problem solving using available evidence and reflective team-based practices.
- Experience the personal wellbeing benefits of nature.
Students Get Out of the Classroom and Into Nature to Learn about Ecohealth
March 14, 2023
Learners explored unique cultures, values, roles and responsibilities, and expertise of other health professions and the impact these factors can have on health outcomes. Learn more.
- Applications for Winter 2024 will be open Oct. 2, 2023 - Jan. 7, 2024. Apply now!
- Student costs will be covered by the Office of Academic Clinical Affairs
- The experience will be held at the Itasca Biological Station. Transportation, lodging (shared heated cabins), and meals will be arranged following participant selection.
- Attendees will participate throughout the weekend in meal preparation, clean-up, etc.
- Take a look at the breakdown for the weekend in the Sample Weekend Schedule.
Email [email protected]!