Job Offers & Onboarding New Employees

Contact your unit HR professional or Health Sciences Recruitment Lead with questions. The below links apply only to the OACA Units. If you are not from the OACA Units, consult with your local HR representative. See list: HR professionals in Health Sciences colleges and schools.


Your unit’s HR Generalist will initiate contact with your new hire to set up a meeting. During this meeting they will go over new hire paperwork and learn more about resources for new employees.

I-9 forms must be completed on or before the employee's first day of work. Your HR Generalist will ask that your new hire complete their section online prior to their first day. During this process, the employee will be presented with a list of acceptable documents. These identification documents must be presented to the HR Generalist during a new hire meeting. Please ensure your new hire comes prepared with two forms of identification from the list of acceptable documents. If your employee has a visa, see  OHR's information for International Student, Scholars and Visitors. They will need to complete their I-9 with Payroll Services after applying for the social security number/card.  If your employee is living and working remotely please see the Remote Hire I-9 Process and for more information.

Other payroll related forms (W-4, direct deposit) are completed on the employee self-service (MyU, x.500 and login required) website.

Please encourage your new staff members to check out our page for new employees. The Office of Human Resources offers additional resources for onboarding new employees.

Building access