Departures, Retirements, Terminations, Layoffs, and Non-renewals
Note: This includes employees leaving their department or the Clinical Affairs for another job within the University
For managers and supervisors
Employees leaving will be invited to take an online exit survey. They will receive the link to the exit survey from the human resources staff in their department or unit. If an employee does not receive an email invitation to participate, the employee should contact their HR contact.
Additional exit resources
- Staff Off-Boarding Checklist
- Security checklist - This checklist is designed for the employee and supervisor to review and initial as security access information and items are authorized, transferred and/or terminated. The information should be completed when an employee is 1) being hired into the AHC, 2) transferring departments within the AHC/University, or 3) terminating employment from the University.
- Departure/Termination Policies from the Office of Human Resources
- Layoff, non-renewal and termination template letters
- When an employee leaves your department complete the HST-IS Data/File Server Access Request (secure sign in), and select the “Remove This User” option at the top of the form.
- If an employee has access to an enterprise system such as PeopleSoft and has a change of employment status, the Change of Employment Status Form should be used to provide the notification to IT Data Security.