The Academies for Excellence recognizes outstanding faculty in the areas of scientific research, educational scholarship, clinical practice, and team science. Members are elected to lifetime membership in one of four academies: the Academy for Excellence in Health Research; the Academy for Excellence in the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning; the Academy for Excellence in Clinical Practice; and the Academy for Excellence in Team Science.
Congratulations to the 2019 inductees:
Academy for Excellence in Health Research - the highest recognition of excellence in health-related research by a full time faculty member at the University of Minnesota.
- Jerrold Vitek, MD, PhD, Professor and Chair, Department of Neurology
Academy for Excellence in the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning - recognizes faculty who have demonstrated exceptional scholarly contributions to advance learning in their schools and across academic programs in the University of Minnesota.
- Robert Englander, MD, MPH, Professor, Department of Pediatrics; Associate Dean, Undergraduate Medical Education
- Erin Malone, DVM, PhD, Professor, Department of Veterinary Population Medicine; Assistant Dean of Curriculum
- Shailey Prasad, MBBS, MPH, Professor, Department of Family Medicine & Community Health; Executive Director and Carlson Chair of Global Health, Center for Global Health and Social Responsibility
Academy for Excellence in Clinical Practice - the highest recognition of excellence in the practice or provision of clinical care by a full time faculty member.
- Elizabeth Arendt, MD, Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Orthopedic Surgery
- John Lake, MD, Professor of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition
- Carolyn Porta, PhD, MPH, RN, SANE-A, FAAN, Population Health and Systems Cooperative, Nursing; Associate Vice President for Clinical Affairs
- Anne Schullo-Feulner, PharmD, BCPS, Associate Professor & Clinical Education Coordinator, Department of Pharmaceutical Care & Health Systems
Academy for Excellence in Team Science - acknowledges the valuable and significant contributions made by an exemplar interdisciplinary team conducting biomedical or health care research to address significant health challenges.
- Stephen Hecht, PhD, Wallin Land Grant Professor of Cancer Prevention, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
- Dorothy Hatsukami, PhD, Professor, Department of Psychiatry
- Sharon Murphy, PhD, Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Biophysics
- Anne Joseph, MD, MPH, Wexler Professor of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine
- Elizabeth Seaquist, MD, Professor of Medicine, Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Gülin Öz, PhD, Professor, Department of Radiology, Center for Magnetic Resonance Research
- Amir Moheet, MBBS, Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Silvia Mangia, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Radiology
- Lynn Eberly, PhD, Professor, Division of Biostatistics
- Lisa Coles, MS, PhD, Associate Director of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics, Center for Orphan Drug Research